Adults living in the Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra), New Westminster and adjacent communities.
COVID-19 Surge Fund
What This Grantee Is Doing for Community Counselling
SHARE is a non-profit, independent, community based organization providing leadership and programs in response to the social needs of the residents of the Tri-Cities, New Westminster and adjacent communities.
CAI's COVID-19 Surge Fund supports the Talking Helps program and allows it to be offered for free via phone or video. Services are offered in English, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, and German, and staff can arrange for free translation services as needed.
Beyond the Talking Helps program, SHARE provides direct 1:1 and group counselling services thorough 5 other programs:
- Child & Family Program (for children referred for concerns about child protection or family preservation)
- Youth Substance Use & Prevention Program (for youth who themselves or through a loved one are at risk for, or experiencing challenges with substance use and/or addiction)
- Adult Substance Use Program (for adults experiencing challenges with substance use and/or addiction)
- Problem 2 Gambling Program (for adults experiencing challenges with addiction to gambling)
- Primary Care Network Urgent Access Mental Health Program (for youth and adults referred through their physician)
"Offering this service to our community without cost has made a real difference in people who otherwise could not afford to access support doing so, many for the very first time."